A SILLY BLOG ABOUT LIFE WITH THE CRAZIES

Monday, December 17, 2007

100 Things About Me

I'm incredibly impatient, so I've done my 100-list of things you may not know about me already...

1. I was named one name, and since birth, my family has never called me by that name. They're notorious for nicknames, so I got one and they still call me that. Most people in my family (on both side) don't even know what my real name is.
2. I get confused as to how to introduce myself when I'm meeting someone new, but with my family.
3. I used to switch back and forth between names and grades. Just to make things interesting.
4. I love food and cooking. I'm a wee bit addicted to eating. I scare most small-statured men, because on a good day, I can eat their body weight, plus some. When I'm nursing babies, watch out. Protect your small pets. If they're coated in olive oil and garlic, I'll eat 'em.
5. All-time favorite shows: Lost, Friends, Scrubs, Labor Day, Special Delivery, Medical Emergency (trauma), Iron Chef (or The Next Iron Chef), any Food Network cooking shows - mainly Tyler, Ina, Sandra and Giada eventhough she's annoying and has a head the size of Manhattan
6. I talk to NO-one from high school.
7. I talk to 4 people from college.
8. My cats have been named: George, Ginger, Ebony, Basil, Ellie, Java, Toonces (The Driving Cat), Sophie, Oran, James and Pontoof.
9. I love cats.
10. I'm OK with dogs.
11. I HATE wet hands - like I freak out if you come close to me with them... ugh - such an quirk of mine.
12. My family is from Wisconsin - my dad grew up on a cranberry marsh and my uncle lives in Pittsville, WI. Seriously.
13. My grandfather invented the cranberry picker and is in the Wisconsin Hall of Fame and on some History Channel documentary.
14. My husband does our laundry, although I "do" the kids' laundry.
15. I'm in love with blogging. In fact, it's frankly gotten in the way of my at-home business, but I can't help it... must... keep .... blogging....
16. I can do the wave with my eyebrows.
17. And the caterpillar with my body.
18. I did the caterpillar at my brother-in-law's wedding (I was in a bridesmaid's dress. I rock.)
19. I've had tubes in and adenoids out.
20. I go a little crazy every time I hear the Microwave beep when it's done (because it beeps 5 times. Who needs to hear 5 beeps every time it's done its business??)
21. I think I hate beeps in general.
22. I'm a Christian.
23. I've been slobbered on, peed on, hit, tripped over, "Fluffied" on, and coughed on... all today.
24. I love smart movies, sad movies and hilarious movies.
25. I can't walk straight - I constantly run into people just walking. Don't walk next to me.
26. (According to my husband)... "You're obsessed with having a clean house, but are the opposite in execution" WHAT does HE know??? I have two kids under 3.5! It's true, though. I suck at housecleaning.
27. I hate cleaning but have to clean for my sanity. Mostly when people are coming over. Ya pretty much only then.
28. If anyone comes over unannounced, I'll be hiding under my table pretending not to hear you or the doorbell... even if you can see me.
29. I used to be a big advertising exec. Now I'm just a mommy and occasional event planner.
30. Wow - this is long.
31. Playing Roseanna or Africa by Toto REALLY loud reminds me of jamming out with my dad in the car waiting for my piano lessons to start with Mrs. McFarland - she was almost dead and smelled like it - so did her house.
32. I love red wine, fondue and massages. All together would be sweeet.
33. My parents have been divorced since I was 5.
34. My mom remarried twice.
35. I love Turbo Kick Boxing and would like to box a chick in a ring someday.
36. I'm thinking about becoming a kick boxing instructor soon.
37. I'm a really fast typer - fastest in my 'typing' class in high school.
38. I still love Tom Cruise. I fully know he's a freak. I still love the guy. He had me at 'Hello'.
39. Funniest movies: Dumb & Dumber, Tommy Boy, Airplane
40. I used to play the piano.
41. I took ballet for 10 years and cry at 'what could have been' every time I go to "The Nutcracker"
42. I love to sing, but I'm not very good.
43. I have 7 fillings.
44. I lost one of my best friends, Heidi, to cancer on Feb. 16th. I miss her like crazy.
45. I'm a control freak. Yep. Little bit.
46. I started taking violin lessons at age 29.
47. I won 1st place playing "Mary Had A Little Lamb" on the violin at my company's Christmas party - for a $75 prize!
48. I love drum players.
49. I want to play the drums so badly I'm set on buying drums for my son and taking lessons with him just so my husband will let me have them.
50. I'm quite feminine, but a little bit of a tough girl on the inside... like I'm watching this AMAZING fight scene from Bourne Supremacy and it's SWEET.
51. I live down the street from a huge rock star. And I love him (and his family) - nicest guy ever.
52. I once lost my zebra-striped retainer (when I was 12) in a napkin and threw it away in a McDonald's garbage can.
52. I had to dig it out and looked through about 10 massive garbage bags in the outside dumpster to find it.
52.5 I also lost a retainer water-skiing when I was 10.
53. I didn't want to eat my hamburger when I was 6 and hid it in a napkin in the trash.
54. My dad found it and made me eat it.
55. My mom has been married (and divorced) 3 times.
56. I'm pretty sure Matt Damon and I would be happy. Or Matthew McConnaghy ??
57. I'm actually a great speller - having problems tonight.
58. I can predict what will happen in any movie.
59. When I had E, I was in labor for 15 hours (after being induced after my water broke) and still had to have a c-section.
60. E was in the NICU for 7 days after she was born and it's affected me forever.
61. I always wanted to be a Secret Service Agent.
62. And a dolphin trainer.
63. I love French decor.
64. My favorite book in the Bible is Hosea.
65. I lived (and skied) in Telluride, CO, for 6 momths after I graduated college.
66. I think I'm coming down with strep throat.
67. Again.
68. I'm a fast driver. Never obey the speed limit.
69. My kids haven't slept through the night in 3 miserable months.
70. OHMommy and Vintage Thirty are my favorite blogs to read.
71. My closet is a disaster area (along with my bathroom).
72. I want to renew my vows on a beach in CA at 10 years (and register, of course. ;)
73. I think my Christmas tree is prettier than most.
74. I'm a cheesehead at heart - born in Wisconsin
75. I'm 5'3.5" and proud of it.
76. I can roll my tongue like a taco.
77. My friend and I were riding the bus home during 8th grade and we were talking nonsense hoping other people would think we were French. Dweebs.
78. I love to laugh. I love to make people laugh. Laughing is the BEST. I'm really not friends with people who can't laugh or make me laugh. Period.
79. So... close...
80. I am getting so much gray hair it's scaring me.
81. After I had my 2nd child, I had purple stretch marks on both boobs that looked like starfish.
82. Fortunately, they're gone.
83. My first car was an old maroon Audi with a sunroof and sheepskin seats and no radio.
84. I spent a lot of my high school days in Rocky Point, Mexico.
85. I speak some French.
86. I hate sauerkraut, coconut, and rye
87. I love swing dancing (and any dancing for that matter.)
88. I sang a sorority song for my friend at her wedding.
89. Finding Nemo is hilarious.
90. I cry hardest at The Notebook, Terms of Endearment and Shakespeare in Love.
91. My cousin Roger in Wisconsin named one of his dairy heffers after me. (I guess all the cousins were bestowed this gift)...
92. I adore my grandma and hope to be as sassy and independent as she is when I'm 93 -
Hey - 93 (that's her age, and the next number.)... I didn't like my given middle name so I decided to change it (in my mind), and now I just tell people it's the new name.
94. I (pretend to) secretly despise our Nanny stealer at church. In fact, I refer to her as "Nanny Stealer."
95. So do my friends. I love them for that.
96. I want to live in Australia.
97. I like words like Jaunch (made up by me and that 8th grad bus friend), Farkle, Snark, Discombobulated, Careen, and Schnikeys
98. My husband doesn't even read my blog.
99. He snores like nobody's business and it drives me BATTY.
100. I can't wait until I have 100 posts!

8 comments:

OHmommy said...

OMG... how can you be a cheesehead at heart and not LOVE sauerkraut?

LOL.

Seriously, we should get together. We have so much in common. I love WI and spent 7 years there and cried as we were leaving. I could go on and on about everything we have in common - I was reading your post and nodding to each one.

I love reading your blog too.

Monica said...

OHMommy - I KNOW! I'd love to meet you - it seems like we'd be 2 peas in a pod. Would love to hear all the stuff you were nodding to - we'd have many laughs, I'm sure. ;)

Anonymous said...

OK, now I'm getting a little weirded out...did you know G is a drummer? Well, WAS, I guess, is a better way of putting it. Oh, and you forgot bloobs on your list of dislikes--and mint(I think). =)

Next time we have BS, it's caterpillar time! Seriously.

Thanks for sharing your blog with me. You make me laugh.

love, love.

Monica said...

G's wife - OK here's the thing about the caterpillar - that was BEFORE the 'having children bodily transformation' - my hips definitely take a pounding when doing that - I think since I'm so old, it might make me a little broken or throw my back out or something.

Irene said...

Hi! I just found your blog and really enjoyed reading your 100 things post. We have a lot in common - I used to be a marketing mgr until I quit to be a SAHM to my little girls (I now have 3). I love red wine. And I don't talk to anyone from high school - which makes me wonder why I actually considered going to my class reunion (I didn't). Oh, and of course, I too am addicted to blogging!

Take care!!!

Tootsie Farklepants said...

I am feeling so special right now! Thank you! My husband doesn't read my blog either. And that is the sad.

Merry Christmas!

Rachel said...

you are hysterical! Wow, we have scary lots in common! My dad just moved home from Australia, he loved it and hated it.
Red wine is fantastic.
I'm sorry about your friend passing due to cancer. We lost my SIL and a close family friend within a month of each other this last year from it.

This was so fun to read!

JustADad said...

Fondue, wine, and a massage? Awesome! I don't know if it is a
"national" place, but we have a place here called "The Melting Pot"...YUMMY!!!! And, for the record, I have been known to hide under our dining room table as well! *grin*

You are a great writer! I am adding you to my " Rockin' " List on my blog. Thanks for sharing!